Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Giving back in Second Life -- Toxxic Rhiannyr

I wish to start this blog by thanking my SL family and friends for their support while I have been recovering.  I also want to thank the creators, designers, and fellow bloggers for their encouragement in my return to blogging.

While I have been offline from Second Life, I have been thinking of those who give back to others in Second Life so generously with their time, creations, support of charities, and talent. This post is to recognize a person who made a positive impression on me and who has also taken the time to give back to Second Life by providing items specifically for New Residents.
New Resident gift -- Girl Crush from AlterEgo



Those who have been reading my blog for awhile know that my blog began with an event at  AlterEgo .  Soon after the event, Toxxic Rhiannyr generously allowed me the opportunity to be one of her official bloggers when my blog was very new and my photos were not on the level of other official bloggers.  Though the official blogger group was disbanded for various reasons, I have never forgotten her kindness and belief.

New Resident gift -- Sweet Thang from AlterEgo
Like many creators, Toxxic has had many trials in her business and she always manages to dust herself off and come back stronger in spirit and in her business dealings.  Though I do not know her personally, I've always admired her ability to balance her life, business, friendships, and still manage to have fun while creating amazing designs for her customers.

Toxxic's wonderful spirit extends through her business in generously offering gifts for residents under 30 days old.  The outfits offered are just as high-quality and exquisite in detail as the other items she creates.  A friend of mine, who just joined SL, allowed me to take photos of her wearing her smashing gift outfits from  AlterEgo  for this post.

New Resident gift -- Shell Shocked from AlterEgo

Of course, Toxxic also gives back by taking care of older residents by offering free items for visitors with a pressie rezzie, prizes for picks, lucky chairs, midnight mania boards, and she wears her heart on her sleeve for her supporters and group members with other fabulous gifts and discounts.  Toxxic also participates in a variety of hunts, and assists charities and various benefits by creating items to help promote the events and by placing donation kiosks at  AlterEgo.

I hope you will stop by  AlterEgo  soon to do some shopping and maybe you'll walk in on one of the many parties Toxxic throws to celebrate life.  You may even walk into a party that Toxxic is DJing!


***I will be doing more posts to recognize creators who give back to SL.  If there is someone you wish to have recognized, just send me a note in-world with their name and an explanation on how they give back.  I'll do my best to get to all those who are nominated.

Credits:
Outfits:  AlterEgo --  Girl Crush, Sweet Thang, Shell Shocked (all new resident gifts)
Shape & Skin:  Fior de Perle -- Newbie Shape and Skin gift
Hair:  Sweet Hairs -- Claire V2 (new resident gift from gift vendor)
Poses:  Glitterati -- 4, 12, 23, & 28






No comments:

Post a Comment